Our trained, experienced wildlife educators are available to present lively and informative presentations to your school or group.
All presentations are tailored to meet your needs or curriculum, and can include:
- Age-specific stories and/or activities related to wildlife
- Identifying and appreciating wildlife in the Sacramento area
- Natural history and behavior of local wildlife
- The importance of returning wild animals back to their natural habitat
- Laws and regulations protecting wildlife and the environment
- Rehabilitation of injured and orphaned wild animals
- Volunteer opportunities with Wildlife Care Association.
When appropriate, live educational animals offer an up-close view of some of the species which frequent the Sacramento Valley. We currently have programs featuring birds of prey and reptiles.
Presentations are approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour which includes a question and answer session. We do not charge a fee for our programs but will gladly accept donations of any of any monetary amount. Many schools have done paper towel drives resulting in hundreds of much-needed rolls of paper towels for WCA. Since we are a volunteer organization and receive no funding from sources other than memberships and donations, 100% of your donation goes directly to the care of local wildlife.
We are eager to share our knowledge and love of wild animals with you. Please call Wildlife Care Association at 916-965-WILD (9453) to set up an appointment for a presentation.